Valdez Museum and Historical Association (VMHA), a 501(c)3 non-profit museum, is contracted with the City of Valdez to maintain and operate the museum, archives and sites for collections care. The Museum has developed a reputation for presenting thought provoking, yet accessible exhibits and programs. VMHA strives to make measurable changes in community conditions and improve lives by offering enrichment opportunities in developing healthy children, families and community through our exhibits, cultural programs, education and historical interpretation.
Qualified candidates for open positions must possess a similar commitment.
Part time Provides exhibit preparatory and maintenance assistance, installation and deinstallation of new exhibits, archival research, collection management and administrative support for the Valdez Museum curatorial department. See full job description below.
- BA or equivalent + 5 years relevant experience
- Must be able to quickly and accurately assess priorities,
- Excellent verbal and written skills,
- Must be able to use tools necessary to install exhibits.
- Some heavy lifting and must be able to climb ladders.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Past Perfect, Website Content Management.
- Occasional weekend and evening work.
To apply, please submit your cover letter, résumé, and 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org Position is open until filled. Please do not contact the Museum. Qualified candidate will be contacted for an interview.