Welcome to the Valdez Museum!
Located in the heart of downtown Valdez, Alaska, the Valdez Museum & Historical Archive on Egan Drive reopened to the public on July 1, 2020 after a 14 week closure due to health concerns over the COVID-19 pandemic. We are following state and federal health guidelines to ensure a safe environment for visitors, volunteers and staff. Changes include:
- Plexiglas barrier at front reception desk
- Mandatory use of cloth face masks or face coverings
- Sign in log for contact tracing
- Limited capacity to 35 visitors at a time
- Sanitation Stations placed throughout the Museum
- Strict adherence to 6-foot social distancing
To view the full VMHA Board approved COVID-19 Mitigation Plan please click here.
The Valdez Museum on Hazelet – which features the Remembering Old Valdez Exhibit is closed for the winter. The Archive is open to researchers by appointment only.
The Valdez Museum & Historical Archive is much more than a place to store historical relics, artifacts and art. It is a place where we encourage all to come to learn, engage, and explore the material evidence of our world, and make it accessible to the public through programs of interpretation, education and exhibition.
Current exhibits & upcoming events
***North American Reciprocal Museums Member