- New Museum Project
- Temporary Exhibits
- Online Exhibits
The present location of the Alyeska Pipeline Terminal has long been important to Valdez history. In the late 1890’s, Adam Swan established a small trading post appropriately named Swanport. This trading post became the initial jumping- off place for prospectors heading across the Valdez Glacier for the Klondike gold fields.
In 1900, the U.S. Army established a military reservation- Fort Liscum – east of Swanport. This reservation included the present day location of Alyeska Pipeline Terminal, where the main facilities of Fort Liscum were constructed.