Building Committee Meeting 8.13.15
- Call to Order/Roll Call
Ms. Von Bargen called the meeting to order at 5:33 p.m.
Members Present: Lisa Von Bargen, Richard Smith, Tom McAlister, Julie Farrell, Emmie Swanson, and Michelle Cullen
Staff Present: Patricia Relay, Andrew Goldstein, and Brittany Cabello
- Introduction of Guests
Kelly Mlickey from Alchemy of Design
- Public Business from the Floor
- Approval of the Minutes
Motion: Mr. Smith moved to approve the Building Committee Minutes from July 10, 2015, seconded by Mr. McAlister. Discussion: Mrs. Swanson noted a typo in the adjournment. Vote: All members present voted to approve as amended, none opposed. The motion carried.
- Committee Chair Report
Ms. Von Bargen reported that John Clark has contacted the City Clerk and Interim City Manager regarding his land donation proposal. Ms. Von Bargen is submitting a letter to the City Clerk and Interim City Manager to explain where in the planning process we are.
- Old Business
- New Business
- Community Stakeholder Meetings Coordination: Mrs. Relay stated that now that the contract with Alchemy of Design is in effect, it is time to begin stakeholder meetings. Ms. Von Bargen asked what the Board’s role in the meetings would be. Ms. Mlickey stated that the Board would best serve by being present, listening, and sharing their thoughts without swaying the dialogue. The Committee then discussed the topics of conversation with Ms. Mlickey.
- Next Steps: It was decided that the contract with Alchemy of Design outlines the next steps.
- Timeline for Pre-Development Planning: It was decided that the contract with Alchemy of Design outlines the timeline for Pre-Development Planning.
- Committee Business From the Floor
- Next Meeting and Committee Assignments
Unless otherwise posted.
Building Committee Meeting: September 10, 2015 5:30 p.m. in the Egan Commons
Motion: With no further business before the Committee, Mr. Smith moved to adjourn the Committee meeting, Mrs. Swanson seconded. Discussion: None. Vote: All members present in favor, none opposed. Ms. Von Bargen adjourned the meeting at 6:17 p.m.